How could you possibly make enjoying great whisky with great friends even easier? Johnnie Walker has the answer – Johnnie Walker Pocket Scotch – the new portable and stylish whisky that’s ready to go anywhere with you.
Johnnie Walker Pocket Scotch is a compact new look for Johnnie Walker Red Label and Johnnie Walker Black Label – a 20cl bottle of whisky that fits in your pocket and is perfect for sharing. It is the same award-winning Scotch created from single malt and grain whiskies drawn from across the four corners of Scotland, just pocket-sized. Johnnie Walker Pocket Scotch is the ideal accessory for taking along to spontaneous summer get-togethers or for sharing with friends at ‘Bring Your Own’ events or festivals.
Johnnie Walker Master Blender, Jim Beveridge, says that Scotch has always been about sharing and Johnnie Walker Pocket Scotch makes that even easier: “We’ve been making exceptional whisky for nearly 200 years and, in that time, our whisky has travelled from the four corners of Scotland to the four corners of the world. Today, Pocket Scotch gives people who love to make the most of life’s spontaneous moments a new way to share and enjoy our award-winning Scotch, wherever their adventures take them.”
Johnnie Walker Pocket Scotch Red Label/Black Label is bottled at an ABV of 43% and is available in South Africa with a RRP of R69.00
not for sale to persons under 18
YO! YOU WANT TO MAKE YOURSELF SOME REFRESHING JOHNNIE WALKER POCKET SCOTCH DRINKS?
CHECKOUT THE WHISKY RECIPES BELOW:
The invigorating combination of whisky and ginger ale is a fresh take on a classic. A wonderful introduction to the world of Scotch, the Johnnie Walker Ginger Highball (sometimes known as a Mamie Taylor) enhances the unmistakable taste, rather than masks it – making it a perfect option for both the whisky novice and the whisky expert.
WHAT TO PUT IN A WHISKY GINGER HIGHBALL INGREDIENTS:
- 45 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label Pocket Scotch
- 180 ml ginger ale
- A squeeze of lime juice
HOW TO MAKE A WHISKY GINGER HIGHBALL METHOD:
- Fill a glass with ice Choose either a collins or highball glass and fill with cubed ice.
- Add the ingredients Add the whisky to your preferred glass, top up with ginger ale and add a squeeze of lime.
- Stir lightly to combine.
WHISKY SOUR RECIPE
Try your hand at a Whisky Sour: made moreish by the contrast of the syrup and citrus flavours that perfectly complements the signature flavours of Johnnie Walker. Served either over ice in a tumbler, or neat in a cocktail glass – the Whisky Sour is a classic that has stood the test of time.
WHAT TO PUT IN A WHISKY SOUR INGREDIENTS:
- 60 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label Pocket Scotch
- 22 ml lemon juice
- 22 ml 1:1 simple syrup
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- Add in optional egg white
HOW TO MAKE A WHISKY SOUR METHOD:
- Add all the ingredients to a cocktail’s shaker Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all the ingredients.
- Shake hard for 7-10 seconds (double this if you’re using egg white) to mix all the ingredients.
- Dry shake (Optional – only required if using egg white) Strain into a glass, remove the ice and shake again without ice.
- Strain and serve.
WHISKY BLOOD & SAND COCKTAIL RECIPE
Inspired by and named after Rudolph Valentino’s seminal film, the Blood and Sand cocktail is a visually stunning Scotch and orange juice-based drink with layers of fruity flavour provided by sweet vermouth and cherry liqueur. Serve in a cocktail glass for extra drama.
WHAT TO PUT IN A BLOOD AND SAND COCKTAIL INGREDIENTS:
- 30 ml Johnnie Walker Red Label Pocket Scotch
- 30 ml cherry liqueur
- 30 ml sweet vermouth
- 30 ml orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- 10 ml lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE A BLOOD AND SAND COCKTAIL METHOD:
- Add the ingredients to a cocktail’s shaker Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add all the ingredients.
- Shake hard for 7-10 seconds to mix the ingredients.
- Strain and serve Best served neat in a cocktail glass.
- Garnish Add orange peel to garnish. *This cocktail contains 19 grams of alcohol
not for sale to persons under 18
About Johnnie Walker
Johnnie Walker is the world’s number one Scotch Whisky brand (IWSR), enjoyed by people in over 180 countries around the world. Since the time of its founder, John Walker, those who blend its whiskies have pursued flavour and quality above else.
Today’s range of award-winning whiskies includes Johnnie Walker Red Label, Black Label, Double Black, Green Label, Gold Label Reserve, Aged 18 Years and Blue Label. Together they account for over 18 million cases sold annually (IWSR, 2017), making Johnnie Walker the most popular Scotch Whisky brand in the world.