Opening in cinemas nationwide on Friday, 11 May, Otelo Burning is a dope film about a group of 3 young township kids who discover the joy of surfing. The film, set in 1989 before the banning of apartheid, was shot on location in KZN by director Sara Blecher and has been making international headlines of note.
The film stars Sihle Xaba, Generations star Jafta Mamabolo, and Nolwazi Shange and Thomas Gumede who star in the Vuzu reality show Forever Young. The film has already won several awards, most notably for best cinematography. Can we make like Tsotsi and take one home at the Oscars again? Check out the trailer hereand be sure to go and see the film next week.
To top off the film’s success, Tumi took charge of creating a free mixtape to accompany the film and features the likes of Reason, Zaki Ibrahim, Take Away, Tiago (340ml) and more. Check out the tracklist:
1. The Beginning / Tiago (Tiago Score)
2. Walk On Water / Reason (Casino )
3. uCash / The Fridge (The Dynamic – Thugs)
4. Something In The Water / Zaki Ibrahim
5. Cold World / Tumi
6. What The Hell Is A Perfecto / Perfecto
7. uJol’e eNext Door / TZ Deluxe (Next Door)
8. Banyana / Take Away
9. My Dreams Won’t Wait / Zaki Ibrahim
10. Thongo Lam’ / Tumi (Shiyani Ngcobo)
11. Sunshine / Zaki Ibrahim
12. Samthing Soweto
13. The End / Tiago (Tiago Score)